About Library Study Rooms & Graduate Study Lounge
The library has a variety of study rooms that allow for both individual and group study. In addition to the 16 study rooms that can be reserved by currently enrolled UT Dallas undergraduate and graduate students, the library also has a graduate study lounge with 15 seats that can be reserved individually by graduate students for quiet study.
Study rooms are located on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Eugene McDermott Library. The staff at the Services Desk can provide directions to specific rooms.
The Graduate Study Lounge is located in MC 2.530 on the 2nd floor of the library.
Rooms can be reserved during library hours (except for 30 minutes before closing).
Saturday, 8:00 am to 11:30 pm
Sunday, 8:00 am through Friday, 11:30 pm
NOTE: Comet Cards are required for entry between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am.
Study Room Policies
- Rooms can be reserved for up to 2 hours.
- Students can only have one active reservation at a time.
- A reservation must be made in order to check out study room keys.
- Reservations can be made up to 1 day in advance.
- Rooms can only be reserved by currently enrolled students.
- The Austin Room and Armadillo Room are for study groups of at least 4 students. Four group members must be present at the Services Desk in order to check out keys to these rooms.
- Students must vacate study room at the end of active reservation.
- Study Room reservation time can not be extended. New reservations may be made after ending of active reservation based on availability.
- Study room keys can be checked out at the Services Desk, located on the 2nd floor of the library.
- Late return of study room keys, dry erase markers, and mini-projectors results in a $0.10/minute fine.
- Study rooms are for study purposes only. Interviews should be scheduled through the Career Center (972-883-2943).
- If keys aren't picked up from the Services Desk within the first 30 minutes of your reservation, your reservation may be canceled.